Monday, August 23, 2010

Star Wars Fans Out There?

What do you get a Star Wars fan for Christmas that they DON'T already have? I ask that every year when Christmas rolls around as my husband and his brother are HUGE fans! This year I wanted to make something for my BIL that no one has, no one has seen and is not sold in your local Walmart.

Recently I have been experimenting with etching, which has been a blast!!! Well, I decided to make an Etched Star Wars Framed picture!  I went to Michaels and got this floating picture frame and then etched one of the pieces of glass! It took me a little over 4 hours, it quite possibly would have been done quicker if it weren't for my adoring 2 year old helper! lol

Here's the finished product:

4 comments:

  1. wow that is so cool. would you mind sharing how you etched? my hubby is a huge star wars fan and would love to make this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to post a tutorial shortly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandie,

    Are these images SVG or would love to personalize glasses for my sons' birthday.

    Thanks!
    Brandi

    bmo1221@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi,

    Yes, these images are SVG files that I created.

    ReplyDelete